Foodie Mommy

The life of a wife, mom, and foodie!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wassenberg, NRW, Germany

Photographer, mommy, wife, and friend. Visit my photo blog at http://www.photosparks.com/blog

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fried or Baked Sweet Potatoes Fries

Sounds weird right? It's very delicious though! I can't offer you exact measurements but I can give you some ideas and tips.

Wash, peel and, cut up the sweet potatoes into steak fry sized pieces. I used a cutting board and a large chopping knife for this because these taters are tougher to slice holding them in your hand. Dangerous too.



If baking, line a pan with foil, place your fries in a bowl and coat with your choice of oil and seasoning. I've used taco seasoning, seasoning salt, garlic salt, or salt and cinnamon. Bake on 350 til done.

If pan frying, put a good amount of oil in your pan and cook as normal fries. Season them afterward with your choice of seasonings.

These fries are not going to get crispy like regular ones. (If you cook them til the edges start burning, they'll get a little crispy there.) Good luck and bon appetite!

1 Comments:

Blogger ┬áCha said...

Those look yummy! I need to buy some more sweet taties. I let the one in my drawer get sprouty. ICK

March 15, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home